Thursday, July 19, 2012

Heat stroke

Holy moly, it's hot.

In the winter, I remember laying in my apartment under mounds of blankets not wanting to do any of my chores because I didn't want to leave their warmth. I longed for summer weather when I could run around in shorts and a T-shirt.

Today, I could take a little of the kind of weather that requires a sweatshirt and jeans. Even thinking about that right now makes me sweat just a little bit more. I can hardly stand to even wear shorts and a tank top around my hot apartment.

I always think it's funny how in warm weather we wish for cool weather. In cool weather we wish it would just get warm. I bet God just gets so frustrated listening to our thoughts, "You are never satisfied," he probably thinks.

It's true in more than just weather. We are so discontent all the time. For instance, when I don't have anything to do at work I sometimes wish I had something to make the time go faster. When I am crazed at work I wish that there was nothing on my to-do list. People wait and wait to get married, and then once people get married they do nothing but complain about their spouses.

Hebrews 13:5 says, "Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Let's be content with what we have today. Even if what we have is really hot weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment