Friday, July 6, 2012

Shed a little

You can tell exactly where Novie has been lately.

With the horrible heat, her hair has been falling out like it's its job. I can hardly wear dark colors anymore unless I stay far away from her or bring a lint brush with me wherever I go.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not be without dog hair on me for the summers for at least the next 10 years! It's OK, because I love my dog.

As easy as it is to tell where Novie has been, it can be good or bad when people can tell where we've been.

Although we don't leave hair behind as markers, well unless you're a girl with long hair - then you're bound to, we definitely leave behind signs of where we've been.

When we leave someone's presence, they often will talk about what they have just experienced. They can say, "That Kiley sure is a sweet person. I wish I was more like her." They could also say, "I've heard Kiley talk about being a Christian. What's the point though? She's not any different than me!" Or they could just not say a word about me, because I made no impact at all.

God has given us lives to use for him. We should be leaving behind his fingerprints, his "hairs" wherever we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment