Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It could be worse!

We can find a lot of stuff to complain about in the U.S. and the political atmosphere we have now.

I'm concerned about the president taking away the second amendment. I'm concerned that we are getting further and further in debt with no plans to cut back. I'm concerned That left and right are separated as far as the east is from the west.

I could go on. However, as I read "In God's Underground" and think about other places in the world that are much worse off than we, I am thankful.

I'm thankful that I live in a country that lets me go to church each Sunday. I'm thankful that I have a Bible at home and that I downloaded one to my phone. I'm thankful that I get to vote. I'm thankful that we have servicemen and women out there willing to fight for all that we have and all they believe in.

We should all pray for what's going wrong in the country, because God is still in charge and can set people in place to turn us around. And while we're talking to him we should all say thank you that we live in comfort and not in fear as Christians.

It could be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment