Friday, January 18, 2013

Pastor to be sentenced for faith

Check out this article: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/17/wife-christian-pastor-on-edge-as-husband-faces-hanging-judge-in-iranian-court/

It goes back to what I was saying earlier this week. We have it so good in America.

I still am flabbergasted when I read articles like this about Christians being persecuted in other countries. This pastor in Iran is being sentenced on Monday - and they expect a death sentence - for a starting a home church in the country. Prosecutors said it compromised national security.

I pray that God will free this man, and that the country will crack under international pressure. However, it doesn't appear there is much hope.

It sounds like centuries ago when Christians were persecuted and put to death. It doesn't seem like this should be happening today. Although it is happening around the world, we just don't hear about it.

I am so blessed. Just a few minutes ago, I was thinking about how Nate's parents get to visit this weekend and can attend our church for the first time. It is a given that we can go and worship wherever, and whenever, we want. In many places, worshipping is scary and illegal.

Thank you Lord for our freedom here in America. I am working on a solo dance for my studio's dance recital this year, and it's to "God Bless the U.S.A." As much as I have to complain about, it really is the most wonderful place to live. I hope that God continues to bless the U.S.A. and that the country will seek after him even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment