Thursday, January 24, 2013

What will fill these pages?

For Christmas, my parents gave me a leather-bound day planner.

The cover has the words to "Amazing Grace" imprinted in the leather, and each day has a Bible verse and short explanation written on the bottom of the page.

Today, as I was writing down what to do at work for the day, I started flipping through the blank pages that represented the rest of the year. Most of the pages are crisp and haven't been written on, although a few contain reminders of special days like anniversaries and birthdays.

One month I expect to have notes about when we move into our new house. Another one will hopefully contain trip plans. But really, I have no idea what will fill those pages. I don't know if the plans we have will work out, and I don't know if extra plans we haven't even thought of will end up marked down.

I know I have written about this before, but it's so interesting to think about. I have all the days to an entire year sitting in this planner before me, but I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. I'll have to remember at the end of 2013 to go back through the planner and write down what really did end up on those pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment