Friday, January 6, 2012

Credit where credit is due

I was listening to an Adventures in Odyssey episode on my way into work tonight, and it talked about answered prayers.

I started thinking about how big God is and how little we thank him for all that he does, how little we express our appreciation.

Look at it from a worldly perspective. In order to have a strong relationship with Nate, I can't take him for granted. Sometimes I do though because we've been together for so long.

Sometimes I realize that I'm not expressing how happy I am when I'm with him. I don't make an effort to show him affection or go out of my way to make his day.

I think our relationship is strongest though when I remember to actually show him how much he means to me. It's not enough to just feel something, I have to make sure my feelings are known.

It's the same way with our relationships with God. We have to take time out to talk to him, to thank him for who he is and what he does. We have to tell him how much we love him and appreciate what he has done for us.

Let's start expressing ourselves to God in our private prayer lives and out loud to each other. It's important to share with each other what God is doing as well.

Thank you Lord for a new year and new grace each day. Thank you for a clear night outside and the majesty of your universe that we can see in the brightness of the moon and stars. You are majestic and mighty, so much bigger than we often give you credit for. Thank you for caring about us, so small but still your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment