Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not getting away with anything

Yes, it's another dog story.

I was sitting on the couch this morning but my laptop in my lap blocked my view of the dog. However I could clearly hear as she started to gnaw on one of the kitchen chairs.

I peered around the screen and made eye contact with her, and she stopped. She knew she wasn't supposed to do it, but she thought I didn't know since I couldn't see her.

This isn't the first time she's done this. From going into my bedroom to chew on clothes to gnawing on the magazine rack when I'm not looking, she thinks if she's out of eyesight she won't get caught. She doesn't realize I'm right there and know when she's up to something.

How dumb are we sometimes when we think we are getting away with sin? We do it right on front of God, because we think if we can't see him then we must be getting away with it. We don't realize he's right there all the time, shaking his head at how silly we can be to think we can get away with whatever we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment