Sunday, January 22, 2012

Whining

I'm laying on the couch, and Novie sits on the rug in front just whining at me.

She wants up on the couch, and she can jump up here on her own but she never does. She always just waits until I lean over and pick her up to put her where she wants to be.

Sometimes it drives me a little crazy that she won't do what she can do because she wants me to do it for her.

I think I do the same thing with God though. God, I want to be a better person. I want to be closer to you. However, I want you to do all the work and put me somewhere instead of me using my muscles to jump up there by myself. It's too hard. Can't you just do it for me? Can't you? Can't you? Can't you?

I start whining just like the dog, wanting God to do everything for me.

I know that God will pick me up when I need him to, but I think that he wants me to have spiritual muscles of my own that I try to be closer to him instead of just wanting him to come to me. I have to step forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment