Monday, January 23, 2012

Pass it on

At dance last week, one of my first-graders came up to me in tears.

She was at the end of the line that we were practicing to head on stage for their ballet dance.

"I'm always last, and I don't like it," she said.

Most of the time I would tell her it's fine and to go back to the line. However, this time I decided to go a different route.

I told her, "Do you know what God said about people who are last?"

She shook her head.

I said, "God said and the last shall be first."

I said that God likes people who go last, because that means they are selfless and putting others ahead of themselves.

I asked her if she thought it was good if God said it and she nodded.

I told her she was being selfless, and I said thank you for it. I told her she was doing a great job, and she headed back to be at the end of the line - content.

I had a smile on my face, because I got the chance to tell her just a little bit about God and to make her feel good about herself. I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Kiley! I am sure that you pleased God greatly and also made a little girl happy! Well done! Those are the moments as Christians that we live for...when we actually do/say what God would have us to. It feels good to please Him, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete