Monday, June 18, 2012

Everyday weekend

It was a nice weekend, chock full of special, everyday moments.

I only got four hours of sleep after working late on Friday night, but I wanted to get up and have breakfast with Nate before I left for my hometown. It's so nice to spend time with him first thing in the morning. It just makes the rest of the day better.

When I got home, I got to have a delicious Father' Day lunch of ribs, baked beans, french fries, buttery Wonder bread and root beer at a local rib joint. We don't necessarily talk about anything deep or amazing, but it was fun just laughing and spending time together. We even stopped at a secondhand store and got a book for a crafty project.

I attended my friend's engagement party, and it was nice to see her in her element, with a whole group of new friends from dental school.

Then I grabbed some ice cream from a local joint, and just spent a little time with my parents. It felt so good to give them a little something and to surprise them. I was just in such a joyful mood and so happy that I wanted to give back a little something.

Exclaiming over a little baby at church, chatting with some people I grew up with, grabbing pizza at my grandparent's house and shopping for some crafts. It was a full Sunday, but also a good one.

Then it was wonderful to get home. I know I was only gone for a day, but I missed Nate. I loved coming home to my little apartment and my man. I have a wonderful life, and I couldn't ask for anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment