Friday, June 29, 2012

You can sleep when you're dead

I used to find Nate crazy when he'd stay up to all hours and then say "You can sleep when you're dead."

However, these past few weeks I think that my outlook on that has been changing. I think caffeine has been my lifesaver in that.

This week has been super fun. Well, minus the amount of work I've had to do. The evidence of the fun is the fact that my apartment is extremely messy because I haven't been there to pick up or even wash dishes. Stuff is just piling up as I drop it before I go to sleep.

Since Nate and I both had nights off Wednesday and Thursday, we made the most of them. Wednesday we had sushi and walked around the mall before going boating with friends, until about 1:30 a.m. Thursday we went out to dinner, took another boat ride and finished up the night with a midnight viewing of "Ted."

Even today, since I had two and a half hours before I went back to work for the evening, we spent some time with a friend. Then tomorrow I get up early and head out of town for a bridal shower.

There have been some late nights, but when I decide whether to hit the hay or stay up to spend time with Nate and other friends, I realize that I want to make memories and have fun instead of spending time in bed.

Life is short and so much more fulfilling when you cherish it and make the most of it. I still enjoy my sleep, don't get me wrong. I don't super enjoy waking up early still. However, I wouldn't trade fun moments for a few more winks.

I think I'm starting to like the phrase, "You can sleep when you're dead."

1 comment: