Friday, June 15, 2012

Grab some coffee, or some caramels

I think it's important to show people that you care about them.

I guess this kind of goes along with my blog on Tuesday, but even more than just your lover, it's important to show other people.

Spending time with someone is a great way to show that you care. This weekend I am heading to my hometown, for less than 24 hours total, because my friend from high school is having an engagement party there. I debated but decided that I wanted to be there to show her my support. If it was me, I would appreciate having her there. It might be a long drive, but I think that gesture will mean a lot.

Also, this afternoon, I had quite a few items on my to-do list to complete before heading back to work at 7:30 p.m. However, a friend of mine in town wanted to get some frozen yogurt.

I haven't seen her in a while, and I wanted to, but I knew I had a lot to do before I left town. However, I finally decided that I should make time for a friend, because it's important to show someone that you care. So I asked her to go get some frozen yogurt with me.

It ended up that she couldn't before I had to head to work, but hopefully it made her feel wanted just that I asked. Even if it didn't, I tried!

Everyday moments are great, and everyday life is precious. However, everyday life can also get in the way of spending simple moments with family and friends, when you're too concentrated on doing chores and making dinner that you don't show people that you care with your time.

Have a chat, eat some caramels together, just enjoy someone's company and show them that you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment