Friday, October 26, 2012

Exceptions to no sex on the first date

I was reading FoxNews today and came across an article titled, "Four exceptions to no sex on the first date."

http://magazine.foxnews.com/love/four-exceptions-no-sex-first-date

I almost thought it was a joke. It's not. The writer says the four exceptions are:

1. You've been friends for a while and want the same things from the relationship.
2. You don't open up easily.
3. You need to get over an ex.
4. You're on vacation.

Basically the premise she touted was, just have some fun. The only reason not to sleep with someone on the first date is because 80 percent of surveyed guys say that they don't see a serious relationship with a woman they sleep with on the first date.

I guess I was just flabbergasted that a writer would encourage people to sleep around. Perhaps it's my Christian upbringing and small-town mentality coming out now, but I have never heard someone blatantly say it's OK to sleep with someone you just started seeing.

Sex isn't just about having fun. It's a serious bond between two people, or that's the way God created it at least. It's the most intimate thing two people can do together, and it means something.

The fact that this article was published in a magazine, even an online magazine, just shows that this is the way most of society views sexual encounters. They're no big deal. It's just like going to a party or out to dinner - it's just fun.

I am scared of what God is going to do with this country, with this world. This is obviously not what he wants for us, but our darn free will has just gotten in the way as we decide we can do whatever we want.

With the world's morality going down the toilet, I'm afraid to see what it's going to look like when we hit the sewer.


Side note: I am far from perfect, God surely knows. But I just couldn't believe this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment