Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy one month, beep

A month ago today, Nate and I got married.

I have to say, marriage isn't exactly what I thought it would be.

It seems normal.

I kind of thought that when I got married life would completely change. I would feel like a different person and our relationship would be different and life would just feel odd.

Life has been beautiful over the last month, but it wasn't exactly what I was anticipating because it just seems so normal to be marrying Nate. I thought the same thing on the day of our wedding. I thought it would just be crazy that it was actually our day, but it seemed completely normal too.

I guess that's what life is like when you're meant to be. Life just fits.

It's a blessing to be able to wake up with someone and go to bed with someone - when our schedules line up that is. It's a blessing to watch TV together, eat dinner together, play with the dog together, sit and gaze at the lake together.

Life isn't always about exciting moments, like a wedding day you look forward to for years. Instead, as I have always said, it's a series of moments.

This weekend, my parents are celebrating 33 years of marriage. Yesterday, I talked to a couple that has been married for 49 years. When I think that Nate and I have been together a long time - eight years - I see that it really hasn't been that long. We have so much more to look forward.

A month in, I'm excited about the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment