Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Stuck on the bad

I really hate needles.

When I was little and had been in the hospital at least once a year before kindergarten, needles didn't bother me. I was used to having IVs. However, the older I've gotten, the more I've hated the little pieces of metal.

Yesterday, Nate and I had to have physicals at home to qualify for life insurance. One of the requirements was a blood sample.

That included a needle, of course.

I knew that if I dwelled on the needle that was going into my arm that I would get more and more anxious, so I just tried not to think about it. All-in-all, it wasn't bad because I didn't really think about it, although I did get a little weak when the needle went in.

I guess I've been a little bit at a loss as to what to write on here lately. However, thinking about this it kind of made me think about the bad things in life. If we dwell on the bad things or the uncomfortable situations coming up, it makes them even worse. When we expect the worst, I think the worst will happen.

However, if we have positive attitudes, it can make even an uncomfortable situation a little better.

Positivity isn't the only answer though. Really, we can't think all that positively on our own. The best way to beat anxiety is through trust in God. When we put everything in his hands, there's no need to dwell on the bad.

That's because God will work everything out for the best. It might not be comfortable here on Earth, but following God's will ensures that in the end (even if it's not in our lifetime) everything will turn out OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment