Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Insured for real life

Talk about entering the real world.

So, I've thought of myself as an adult for a few years. I rent my own place, pay my own bills, own my own car.

Today though, I think adult, married life really hit.

I ended up getting off work at 2:30 p.m. to head to the a local insurance office to talk to an agent. Our current car insurance ends on Friday, so we knew we had to renew. However, we've also talked about the need for life insurance, renters insurance and other such items. So we decided this week to just sign up for it all.

It took about two hours to talk through the variety of different insurance varieties, premiums and coverages. I can't say I went into it knowing much about insurance but the agent walked us through so we knew what we could get.

I don't know how people become insurance agents, ugh. It wasn't bad, but I can't imagine dealing with that every day!

Now, we have a folder with all of our insurance policies inside and we have a nice payment to make to them each month to prepare for the worst. I hope to never have to use the insurance but I'm glad to have protection in case something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment