Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 1: My husband

On Facebook, it looks like people are taking the challenge to say what they're thankful for each day this month. I thought I would take that direction with my blog this month of giving thanks, even though I'm a day late!

Day 1: My husband

How can I not start out this year by saying that I am so thankful for my husband.

My husband ... oh how I love to say those words. And I love it when he calls me his wife. The other night when he was gone, it made my entire day when he texted me and said that he hates being away from his wife.

Sometimes I can almost not believe that it's finally happened. I dreamed of spending the rest of my life with him, and I always thought I would. But I love now having the security of knowing that each day we have, we have together.

The beautiful rings on my left hand are still a reminder that I am loved by the most wonderful man.

I'm thankful for so much about him. He is brave and courageous - I never have to worry about being safe when he's around. He's generous. He's curious. He is a wonderful friend, not only to me but to all of his friends. He's hilarious and has the most wonderful laugh and smile that completely disarm me. He treats me well and can (almost) always snap me out of a bad mood.

I love to see him grow in his faith, and some of my favorite moments are when we pray together or read the Bible together. I enjoy watching him as he plays with our puppy and know that he's going to be an even better father to our children that hopefully God blesses us with someday.

He's smart, wise, loving, fun, friendly, outgoing, handsome. I could go on and on.

I'm thankful that God has blessed me with a man that truly does complete me, and I love him with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment