Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 2: Puppy cuddles

Our olde English bulldog loves to cuddle.

She weighs about 55-60 pounds, but she doesn’t realize that she is that large. She isn’t that tall, she’s just really dense and wide. Nate has come to the conclusion that if we were as dense as she is that we would weigh a lot more, so she thinks that we weigh a lot more so she doesn’t realize that sitting on us is uncomfortable, which sometimes it is.

However, most of the time I don’t find her cuddles uncomfortable. I kind of love it when we are in bed, and she comes to lay by me and puts her head in the crook of my neck to use it as a pillow. Her soft neck folds keep me warm and make me feel secure.

When I woke up this morning and she was curled up next to me, which is comfortable until she lays on my hair or paws me in the face as she stretches out, I thought about how odd it is that I love it when my dogs lays on me. Nate shoves her away when she takes over his space. I know that my mom wouldn’t tolerate it for a second - she won’t even let her dog in the bed with her and my dad. People probably think that I’m spoiling Novie too much that I let her get away with laying on top of me.

I got a dog, because I wanted something to cuddle with. I wanted her to sleep in bed with me, lay on my legs and keep me warm. I like the thought of a cuddly, warm puppy sleeping next to me with her puppy smell.

So yes, weird as it may sound to some people, I’m really thankful for puppy cuddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment