Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 4: Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." (NIV)

Oh how I love this verse and all that it stands for.

So, we decided to stay here and to look for a house. One, dealing with large amounts of money and debt makes me nervous. Two, we only have until May when our lease is up and we have to move anyway.

I start thinking about all the factors: How much should we spend? Will we find the right house at the right price at the right time? What if we find what we want and it sells? What if we can't find the right place before we have to move?

It sounds like I just like to think of all the bad, but those are the things that pop into my mind.

However, then I remember that God is in control. He knows the right house for us and will help us get it at the right time and in the right place, even if it's not when or where we expect it to be. All I have to do is pray about it and place it thankfully in his hands.

I don't even have to worry. And for that, I'm thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Kiley! So excited to hear more about the house hunt and how God led you here. Love you!

    ReplyDelete