Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 5: Colorful kitchen utensils

If you can't tell yet, I'm going for a thankful list of more obscure items. I am very thankful for my wonderful parents, my brother and siblings-in-law, my beautiful nieces, my warm home, my car, my job, etc. However, sometimes it's good to think beyond what we're say we're thankful for every year and to see all the little blessings in life.

I love color. I used to laugh at my mom that every room in our home growing up, except for the paneled ones, were either off-white, beige or taupe. I have always dreamed of being able to paint my walls, even though I still haven't quite had that chance.

However, for our wedding people obviously know me well enough to know I like color. We have a beautiful set of colorful ceramic bowls in all different sizes, and we even got colorful spatulas, cutting boards, a can opener, knives and a pizza cutter. For a couple other birthday gifts from my best friend, I have a set of colorful, stackable mugs and colorful chopsticks.

I have to say, when I cook, I purposefully use my colorful stuff. Those little items actually bring happiness to my days. They are so fun and bright, and I have no idea why I like them so much, but I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment