Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No...

I think I mentioned before that my mom asked me how often I put my words of wisdom into effect. This is one of those times that I know I should be doing (or shouldn't be doing) but haven't done very good at...

God works in mysterious ways in our lives. He asks a lot of us.

However, we don't always want to do what He asks of us. Sometimes, we just say no.

I'm going to steal a story from a friend. Hopefully she won't mind. The other day God told her to go help a neighbor wash her windows. However, she didn't want to so she said no.

God didn't leave it at that though. God kept prodding until she finally went over there and offered. The neighbor declined, but God was happy she said yes.

Sometimes I have things come up in my life that I can see are God's hand. However, I ignore it if I don't want to do it. I say no to whoever brought it up.

Even though God isn't here in front of me, I am really saying no to him. If Jesus sat down and told me to do something, I can't imagine saying no. However, I do it all the time, just without seeing him right in front of me.

I really shouldn't be saying no when I know who it is that's really saying it.

1 comment:

  1. If you know you "really shouldn't be saying no" then do you think you better change to yes???
    God is gracious, merciful, and patient, but He also is a jealous God and if you are saying no because of your love of something or someone else then He may decide to act! (talking to myself as well as you :)!)

    ReplyDelete