Monday, February 7, 2011

All kinds of wars

Do you ever feel like you're just battling constantly?

Thank goodness I'm not a soldier, because I think I create enough battles inside of me that I wouldn't need to fight outside.

I read in "Battlefield of the Mind" how sometimes when you wake up uneasy for no reason, it is a mind-binding spirit taking hold of you.

I often wake up uneasy or just feel like my heart is not right, and I can't really pinpoint the reason. I'm not angry with anyone, no one is angry with me, I'm not worried or scared. I just don't feel settled or at peace.

I can always tell when there is a spiritual battle going on inside of me. Right now, I can feel this battle going on for what I am going to spend my time at - walking with God or walking in the world.

I have never felt so self-centered with my choices and desires - not self-centered as in not paying attention or giving to other people, but self-centered in my obedience with God. I see ways to improve my life, and my first thought is "I don't want to" or "I don't want to give up what I like to do in order to make that happen."

After I think, I immediately realize that it is not the way to go or to think. However, my flesh is fighting my spirit intensely. I can feel it inside me like I can see it.

I find it interesting that your spirit is so much a part of you that you can literally feel what is happening - closeness with God, spiritual battles, inner peace. It is almost tangible.

At least when I'm battling, I know that improvement is in the future as long as I keep pressing on. There wouldn't be a battle if I wasn't going in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment