Friday, February 25, 2011

The most worthwhile is worth your while

In "100 Ways to Simplify Your Life," Joyce Meyer suggest prioritizing the different activities and people in your life so you know what to spend the most time on.

If I had to prioritize my life, I would say it would be:
1. God
2. Nathan
3. Family
4. Work
5. Friends

However, if you look at what I spend most of my time on, it would probably be:
1. Work
2. TV/movies
3. Nathan
4. Friends
5. Family
6. God

That's not how it should be. I mean, TV/movies are fun and relaxing and that is why I am drawn to that. However, I know I need to reprioritize and make sure that I am spending a little time with God each day. I have tried to add in Bible reading, but my quiet time of prayer has been difficult to fit in.

I just want to make sure that the people in my life are feeling treasured as well. Making people feel loved is the second most important part of life behind God, and I think it works in with spending time for God, as that is what he would want me to do.

Putting God first will not only make my spiritual life deeper, but learning more about him and growing closer to him will also help me make my relationships deeper by giving me patience, love, kindness and so much more that will make spending time with me more desirable to others.

I just have to remember, the most worthwhile parts of my life are really worth my while.

No comments:

Post a Comment