Thursday, February 3, 2011

A clean slate

"You know, all you have to do is say sorry. Start again. Give each other a clean slate."

Watching "Lost," Kate said these couple of phrases to Sawyer - who responded with a gruff "I ain't got nothing to be sorry for," which broke up the tender moment.

Saying sorry has never been hard for me - in fact, I probably say I'm sorry too much. However, I think many people struggle with saying these two words. People do not want to admit when they are wrong; I guess it is a pride issue.

Doing something wrong and not admitting it can be one of the worst things ever for any kind of relationship - friends, family, schoolmates, etc.

Most people are really willing to forgive each other, if they admit that they shouldn't have done what they did.

Forgiving also means overcoming pride though. Holding onto a grudge is the same thing as someone not saying their sorry.

A clean slate might never really exist, as even chalk leaves behind smudges. However, when apologies and forgiveness work together, actions can be overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment