Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Put a Smile On

If you're a woman, you know what an "ugly" day is.

There are some days when you just don't think you look good.

Whenever I had one of those days growing up, my mom would always tell me the same thing - "Put a smile on, and no one will notice what you look like anyway."

I have also kept that in mind, and it could be why people called me Smiley Kiley growing up. I can't say I smile quite as much anymore, but I think it's because I ponder a little more than I used to. Also, I'm alone a lot more, so my smile muscles don't get used quite as much as when I'm out in public.

When I went to the interview for my job, one of my now-bosses commented that she had never seen someone smile so much.

I just love to smile. I think smiling makes not only you feel better, but it makes others feel good when they look at you. The best way to brighten a stranger's day is just to smile at them.

So, in a rendition of the classic song, "Smile. Smile a smile. Smile wide. Smile strong. Smile at good things, and bad. Smile 'cause you're happy, not sad. Smile, smile a smile. It's simple, to last your whole life long. Don't worry that it's not pretty enough for anyone else to see. Just smile, smile wide."

No comments:

Post a Comment