Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Home is where the heart is

We used to have a pillow that said 'Home Sweet Home.'

You know something is important when someone took the time to sew it on a pillow.

Home sweet home for me was always my parents' house, the house that I lived in from age 2-18 and off and on during college.

Home sweet home was always my hometown, when I would be overcome with peace and know that I was home.

After college, when my life didn't take me home sweet home, it took me a while to feel comfortable.

However, I've found a different meaning of home sweet home - another phrase that is often sewn on decorative pillows - home is where the heart is.

I don't know exactly where I will be in the future, but wherever my love is, that's where home is. My heart is always with Nate, so wherever he is, that's home.

For that reason, I have always felt comfortable where he lived, more comfortable than when I lived in a city by myself. He had my heart and wherever he was felt like home.

Thankfully now that we're in the same town, I finally feel like I have a home sweet home again.

1 comment:

  1. If that's the case, then you have 2 home sweet homes because our home will always be your home!!!

    ReplyDelete