Monday, April 11, 2011

Sacrifice of the lamb

I was listening to Ravi Zacharias on the radio yesterday when I was driving home from a friend's bridal shower. He was talking about a conversation he had with a Muslim leader about the story of Abraham, since both religions believe the same story.

It got me thinking about the similarities between Abraham's story and our story.

Abraham was sent to sacrifice his son, but at the last minute God provided a lamb for him to sacrifice instead.

I wonder if even that far ahead of time God had it planned for us to realize that that lamb was a metaphor for the lamb that would be slaughtered for us.

In place of us dying, like Isaac, a lamb was sent in our place. A perfect lamb, Jesus, was sent to die for us.

No matter what, God provides.

I just never had thought about the story of Abraham, Isaac and the lamb in a way that made it relate to other parts of the Bible. Not only is a great lesson in itself, to me, it can show once again that God knew what was going to happen all along.

It was just something I thought about. Maybe you'll disagree, but I thought it was worth mentioning!

1 comment:

  1. I think it is exactly what God was showing us through Abraham and Isaac!

    ReplyDelete