Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Louder!

The world today is loud.

My life is loud.

And often, that's just the way I want it.

I usually have the TV going in the background or my computer playing videos. I don't sit and watch it the majority of the time, but I like to have some noise. I even sleep with a fan on, because I just don't like the silence.

Sometimes when I start contemplating my problems, I don't even want to think about how to fix stuff. So I turn on something on TV so that my ears listen and my mind quiets.

On the drive home last week, I had some time with the radio off. I didn't have a TV to go to sleep to, so my mind had some time to really wind up again. It was a good wind up though. It made me think through some things in my life and contemplate. I think I need to take more time to do that.

Instead of keeping things so loud, I think I need to take more time just to be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment