Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Delicate flower

I'm not a very tough person.

When I got my finger pricked recently, I thought about the little twinge of pain all day. When I am sick, all I think about is how bad I feel, and I'm usually grumpy because of it.

Yesterday, Nate woke up not feeling well. However, he said that he wishes he could be grumpy when he's sick - because he feels grumpy - but he just can't act grumpy about it.

He is the best sick person I have ever met.

Nate very rarely gets sick, and other than a cold, I have never actually seen him sick. It's hard to even tell he's sick now if you don't know him very well, because he still keeps a smile on his face.

Even with a bad case of strep throat and possible Lyme disease, he is still upbeat. The only downfall is he hates that he is going to be stuck inside for a few days.

I went to Wal-Mart to buy him some medicine, juice, soup, etc. I tried to think of all the things that I want when I'm sick, but he really wouldn't tell me anything that he wanted besides some soup.

When I said I was a weinie last time I was sick, Nate said I was just a "delicate flower." That was sweet of him to say, but now seeing him sick I think he is just the exact opposite - what is that? I don't know, a rock or something.

Whatever he is, he's a tough guy, and I'm proud of him. I wish that I was like that when I was sick. It would probably make everyone around me much happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment