Monday, August 15, 2011

Help!

My life isn't quite as good as some other people's.

At least in some ways.

In some ways, I have a life that many people would kill for. Yet, when I see others have something I wish I had - not usually material possessions but life accomplishments - the first thing I get is a knot in my stomach as I contemplate what I want.

I admit, sometimes I wish other people ill fortune just so I can feel better. I hope you don't think worse of me.

When I start feeling ill, covetous (is that a word?) I say, help!

Help me God! I know I shouldn't feel like this, but I just can't help it in my human nature. Help me! Help me be satisfied with what I have. Help me find what I strive for in life. Help me be content in what you have given until you give me the next you have in store.

When life doesn't go as planned, just yell.

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment