Thursday, July 28, 2011

Peace

I think peace is one of the most important parts of life.

This past week, I have been trying to set up interviews for work - which I wrote about yesterday - and haven't really gotten anywhere. When this happens, I have an upset feeling inside until I have everything finalized.

That upset feeling, that lack of peace, is the worst feeling I can ever get.

I think that's why I don't like to get into arguments with people. When situations are not settled in life, I have an upset feeling instead of peace inside. I hate that.

When I have peace inside, it is calming and relaxing and I can go on with my day and the other places I have to go or people I need to see. When I don't have peace inside, I am stuck trying to fix that one situation and cannot move on from it until it is settled.

Jesus talks about peace a lot as well, and I think that is because we all need to strive for peace.

There's inner peace, which leads to a calming presence and someone who can help others. There's outer peace, keeping the peace with each other instead of starting quarrels. There's peacetime and wartime, and although wars are often necessary, peacetime is the best we can have.

I guess when Catholics grant each other a sign of peace instead of greeting each other with hellos, they have the right idea.

So peace to you today. May God grant you peace in whatever turmoil you might have going on in your life - from little situations like work to big situations in your health or family.

No comments:

Post a Comment