Friday, July 1, 2011

Forgetfulness

I had an awesome idea for a blog earlier this week but I forgot.

I am constantly thinking, and often my mind jumps from one topic to another so fast that I sometimes forget what I was supposed to be doing. I live off of lists, because otherwise I'm sure that I wouldn't get everything done.

People blame forgetfulness on getting old, but I guess I don't have an excuse there. I used to even forget things when I was a kid - going upstairs to get something but forgetting what I was after by the time that I got there.

I'm sure there's lessons in this thought - let's see:

1. We often forget what we're after in life. We start getting caught up in everydays that by the time we get where we are going we forget what we are after. Maybe the important things in life should stay more in the center of our focus.

2. What is on my list? I have to do my nails, pick up the apartment, clean. I even write down that I need to workout and blog everyday. However, I can't remember the last time I put devotionals down on my list of things to do.

3. Too many things going on. I forget what I'm doing, because my mind is always on what I have to do next. Perhaps there are just too many things in life for us to do. Maybe we need to simplify.

Are you forgetful like me? What is the reason for your forgetfulness do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment