Monday, January 10, 2011

Brad is back

Well, so far on The Bachelor this season Brad has kissed...1,2,3,4,5...like 10 women. It's only been on for two weeks.

I enjoy watching The Bachelor. It's funny when the girls thank Brad for his dates, because you know he doesn't plan them. It's funny when the girls say they are falling in love after only one date. It's funny that girls start getting dramatic and fighting after a whopping 10 minutes - granted that's probably the most realistic part of the show.

They call them guilty pleasures. Who calls them that? I don't know. But I know what it means. I do feel guilty sometimes that I am watching something so ridiculous. There's probably a whole lot of things I could be doing with my time - doing the dishes, washing the laundry I keep putting off, editing the book I took home, working out.

It's fun though. Brad is a brand new man, or so he keeps saying. There's not going to be the drama of the last season he was on, when he left two girls at the finale. Yeah, right.

But it's the happy ending you hope for. Guilty pleasures seem to be a search for happiness. I hope that the people on this show really do find love amidst the drama.

I guess it's OK to have some guilty pleasures once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment