Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Do as I say, not as I do

My mom really likes to read my blog. Just a few minutes ago, she asked me if I take all the advice that I give out on this.

Well, to be honest, not completely.

Everything I write here, I have thought about before. Much of what I suggest others do is what I need to do as well. That is why I always refer to "us" not "you."

That's probably a problem that most of us have. I mean, the saying, "Do as I say, not as I do," is a common one.

Parents struggle with telling their children what to do when they don't act right themselves. Christians struggle with helping people overcome sin when they have sin in their own lives. I am the same way. I have plenty of ways I could fix my life. However, I'm always a work in progress.

However, everything I write are ways that I want to make my own life better. Some of them I have put into practice and can vouch for. Some of them are in the Bible, and God can vouch for how well it works. Some I just think are good ideas.

So I'm not the perfect example.

As I still work on my own life, the best bet is to do as Jesus says, not as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment