Friday, January 21, 2011

The right touch

Hugs, kisses, holding hands - touch is an important part of life.

I have always been a little restricted when it comes to touch. I'm not the one that reaches for the hug when I see someone usually, unless it's someone I'm really close to. I've only kissed one man. I don't like even dancing with a man unless it's a Nate, a close friend or relative.

I think touch is almost insignificant in our society. People throw themselves at others - hugging, kissing, cuddling, holding hands, dancing close. Sometimes these touches are innocent, but sometimes they are a a symbol of something more.

Touch is special. Touch links us to people. It shows our feelings in ways that words can't sometimes. However, people don't act like touch is any big deal.

To me, touches are special everyday moments. I think we should keep those kinds of expressions for the right people, so that we don't become accustomed to them. That way, those touches still stay special.

No comments:

Post a Comment