Friday, June 10, 2011

Growing up

For work, I went to do interviews for a preview of a local children's theatre production. While there, the cast had rehearsal, so I stayed to get some photos.

I ended up staying for the entire show.

The show was a happy adaptation of the "12 Dancing Princesses" by the Brothers Grimm. The theatre company had only cast two actresses for princesses though, leaving room for many audience members to take part.

As ridiculous as some of the parts were, I found myself smiling and giggling.

I would have thought that I had grown out of children's theatre already. I'm sure most adults would think that.

However, children's theatres are successful ventures throughout the country. I'm sure it's not all children begging their parents to take them to see a live production but instead many parents encouraging their children to go.

There's something about fairytales and cheesy love stories that just never quite gets old, especially for women. However, this theatre company said even grown men still come, those who have been coming since they were young themselves.

Whether it's watching children's theatre, seeing a Disney cartoon, pulling out a coloring book or jumping off a diving board, I think we all love to occassionally act like a kid again.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment