Wednesday, June 8, 2011

It's a matter of choice

I'm not a tough person.

In fact, I'm kind of a complainy person.

I try to catch myself at it, but sometimes I just like to complain.

Nate is not a complainer. I have to say I am always impressed by how he takes on his duties without complaining.

There are days that he has ended up working extremely long hours, and he just bucks up and does it.

My dad was a lot like that too. He never complained about working 60 hours every week. He just always did it.

When I have to put in a few overtime hours, the first thing I do is talk about how busy a week it is and how crazy it is at work. I might not phrase it as complaining, but that's in essence what it is.

Work is a part of life that we all have to deal with. It's a part of life. Everyone has to work at something - even those who don't come by their money honestly.

A lot of things in life, we just have to do. I've talked about how hard it is sometimes to do chores and other items on our to-do lists. Life is full of tasks that aren't a whole lot of fun.

I think it's a matter of choice. We can choose to hate what we do, or we can do it silently and realize there is a reason for it.

I am proud of Nate and the fact that he doesn't complain about what he has to do. That's something that I could definitely follow after.

No comments:

Post a Comment