Monday, June 27, 2011

It's the little things

Tonight, after work, I called my dad because I had some great news to share with him.

There were free ribs in town!

For those of you who don't know, I love barbecue ribs. Pretty much anytime I go to a barbecue restaurant, I get the ribs. I could eat them once a week.

And every time, I eat ribs, I get a big smile on my face. There is something about the delectable morsels and the way you have to gnaw them off the bone that makes me a happy girl.

Most of the time, I am very happy that I have a longtime boyfriend, because I don't have to worry about being proper while eating one of my favorite messy foods.

My dad and I both love ribs. There is a rib shack back home that we like to go out to, just the two of us. We have baked beans, ribs, fries and lots of Wonder bread covered in melted butter. It's so good, and a great time to bond. We love just chatting, licking our fingers and laughing at how messy we are.

Tonight, there was a rib contest in the town that I work. I wasn't going to go, because I figured it would cost to get in, and I didn't feel like spending money. However, I learned it was free, and it was one of my favorite foods so I had to go.

I stopped by to sample a rib from one of my co-workers, which ended up being my favorite. Then I grabbed a few other ribs from other stations and walked back to my car while munching on my pre-dinner treat.

I'll tell you what, it sure made me happy.

It's little things like enjoying a plate of ribs, even if you don't have anyone to enjoy them with that make you happy. However, getting to call my dad and let him know about the festival made me even happier, because I had someone to share my joy with, someone who I knew would appreciate such an event as much as I did.

It's a little thing, but having a plate of ribs kind of made my day. And surprisingly enough, I don't even think I would ruin them with cheese sauce :)

No comments:

Post a Comment