Friday, June 24, 2011

It's all how you look at it

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this story before, but it popped into my head, so I wanted to bring it up in case I hadn't.

There was a group of couples out to dinner one night. They women will talking about all the annoying things their husbands would do, and the men were discussing how frustrating their wives could be.

One couple stayed quite through most of the conversation, drawing the attention of the other complainers.

The complainers asked this one couple what they found annoying about each other.

The husband and wife looked at each other with questioning glances and answered that they honestly didn't know.

"We don't think about what annoys us, we try to concentrate on the positive things about each other."

Wow.

I think this would make for the absolutely best marriage.

You know when I am most unhappy? When I start picking apart everything Nate does and dwell on those little facts that are just not quite perfect (when honestly, who am I to talk about being perfect?)

How much happier would we all be if we immediately stopped thinking about what our loved ones are doing wrong and concentrated instead of what they are doing write and how blessed we are to have them in our lives.

Today, try to stop and realize when you are complaining - even if it's in your mind - and concentrate on the positives instead. See where it takes you.

No comments:

Post a Comment